Work Content Estimation
Work measurement is the application of techniques designed to establish the time for an average worker to carry out a specified manufacturing / assembly task at a defined level of performance. It is concerned with the length of time it takes to complete a work task assigned to a specific job.
Types of Various Work Measurement Techniques
1) Stop Watch Time Study 2) Production Study
3) Work Sampling 4) PMTS (Predetermined Motion Time Standards)
PMTS (Predetermined Motion Time Standards) is a technique for studying work methods. In this technique, work is divided into micro elements that are standard in any activity. These micro elements are represented by symbols. Predetermined values (Index Values) are then assigned to these symbols. Work Content / Time standard is arrived at by Arithmetic calculations. PMTS technique for work measurement has an Universal Approach, provides Adequate Accuracy, is Easy to Understand and Learn , provides Consistent Results , Encourages Method Development and Improvement .
1) Set standards for regular pace of work
2) Determine best method (compares apples with apples)Benefits:
3) Job costing with direct labor minutes
4) Basic building block for Process Improvement & Work Instructions
1) MTM® - (Methods Time Measurement)
2) MOST® - (Maynard Operation Sequence Technique)
(PMI is the only company in India who are authorized to take up Consulting Projects, Training and Certification in MODAPTS®)
What PMI does
Depending upon the objective and scope of a consulting project, PMI experts apply:
PMTS Work Measurement Techniques to "measure the work" and
Industrial Engineering Techniques to "streamline the processes"
Work Content Estimation techniques have applications across various industries like:
Manufacturing Supply Chain Service
Assembly Lines Warehousing BPO Operations
Machine Shops Loading Operations Hospitals
Job Shops Kitting Banking
Testing & Repair Order Processing